PITTSBURGH, (April 23, 2007) – The eighth stop of the 2007 season at Phoenix International Raceway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from inconvenient cautions to multiple car crashes. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the eighth week of the NEXTEL Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. Dale Earnhardt Jr. has a sure top-10 run go away when he gets caught on pit road by a late race yellow flag.
9. David Ragan had a tough day in the No. 6 Ford, causing several wrecks during the day.
8. The COT had a tough day at Phoenix – as drivers reported handling problems and difficulty passing.
7. David Stremme needed some TUMS to go with his Coors Light car after getting collected in an early race crash.
6. J.J. Yeley continued his string of crashes in a collision with David Ragan.
5. Ryan Newman saw a top-five finish fade away after a pit road incident left his Dodge damaged and kept him on pit road for a number of laps for repairs.
4. Michael Waltrip misses yet another race and the pressure mounts from sponsors anxious to see their investment on the track.
3. Denny Hamlin had some indigestion after having one of the fastest cars, but a pit road speeding penalty kept him from getting to victory lane.
2. Kurt Busch gets caught under caution again, keeping him from a great finish two weeks in a row.
1. Tony Stewart needed some fast relief after leading the most laps of the race then giving up the lead to Jeff Gordon at the end.