PITTSBURGH, (May 31, 2007) – The 12th stop of the 2007 season at Lowe’s Motor Speedway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from wrecks during qualifying to early victory celebrations. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the 12th week of the NEXTEL Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. I don’t know if a truckload of TUMS would help Michael Waltrip feel better; not only does he fail to make the
race but he also crashes hard in qualifying. He has now missed 11 straight races.
9. Waltrip’s teammate and promising rookie driver David Reutimann also fails to make the race and also
crashes on his qualifying attempt.
8. Greg Biffle in desperate need of a quality finish crashes early in the Coca-Cola 600 and finishes 43rd, not
7. Roush Fenway stable mates Carl Edwards and David Ragan are involved in a crash that ruins both cars and
6. Kurt Busch was strong early on in the 600 leading 107 laps but after the sun went down in Charlotte his day
5. A 13 car wreck on lap 54 effectively takes out a half dozen cars from competition including Elliott Sadler,
4. Tony Stewart, Denny Hamlin, Jimmie Johnson and Dale Earnhardt Jr. all see a chance at victory slip away
3. Roger Penske; after his cars started on the front row he watched as Kurt Busch and Ryan Newman finish
2. Crew members of Casey Mears teams and some media members who had their NASCAR credentials
1. Jeff Gordon crashes hard on lap 60 after starting the race in 32nd and fighting his way to fifth, the crash is
Stayed tuned each week for the Top 10 TUMS Moments to see what drivers and teams are most in need of TUMS fast relief. For more information on TUMS Racing, visit www.TUMSracing.com.