PITTSBURGH, (June 11, 2007) – The 14th stop of the 2007 season at Pocono Raceway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from hefty penalties to rain showers. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the 14th week of the Nextel Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. Kurt Busch is penalized by NASCAR for his actions on pit road in Dover, he is pinched for 100 points and his checkbook is $100,000 lighter. Then promptly crashes in practice at Pocono and is forced to start at the back in back up car.
9. After making the race at Dover; Michael Waltrip fails to qualify for Pocono. Michael has now missed 12 of the First 14 races.
8. Rain once again dampened the spirits of the race crowd as pesky showers held up the start of the race for three hours but the fans braved the weather. Weather has created more than its fair share of TUMS moments this year.
7. Dave Blaney’s Toyota and day are both shortened on lap 56 as contact from Greg Biffle puts him into the wall and out of the race.
6. Jimmie Johnson cuts down a tire and then has to limp all the way around the 2.5-mile race track costing him two laps and then Jimmie winds up in the garage with his worst finish of the year.
5. Robby Gordon’s season of tough luck continues as he brings out the first caution on lap 49 with a cut tire.
4. Mark Martin overshoots his pits and it costs him a ton of track position. He is never able to overcome that error.
3. Toyota has a rough outing at Pocono with the all four cars finishing 35th or worse.
2. Ryan Newman has the caution come out a half lap to soon and he is once again denied a chance at breaking a long winless streak.
1. Two times in one day Mother Nature has her way at the Pocono 500 as the race is rain shortened and fans are left to wonder about what might have been.