THIS WEEK’S INDIGESTION-CAUSING TOP 10 TUMS® MOMENTS
MICHIGAN (June 17, 2007) – The 15th stop of the 2007 season at Michigan International Speedway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from tire issues to team changes. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the 15th week of the Nextel Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. Qualifying continues to be a torturous affair for proven winners like Jeremy Mayfield and past champion Dale Jarrett as they both fail to make the cut and have to go home early.
9. The vast legions of Dale Earnhardt Jr. fans dreams of Jr. driving the No. 3 car for RCR are crushed when Jr. announces his plans to join Hendrick Motorsports.
8 After back-to-back runner-up finishes, Ryan Newman cuts down a left rear tire early on at Michigan and has to settle for a disappointing 37th place finish.
7. A long season continues for Kasey Kahne as he is lapped under green before the race reaches the quarter post.
6. Matt Kenseth is involved in the aftermath of a collision between Ryan Newman and Jeff Green and has to spend time in the garage. It’s the first race this year that Kenseth has not completed every possible lap.
5. Juan Pablo Montoya has a right front tire blow out and it relegates the driver of the Texaco Havoline Dodge to a last place finish.
4. Car owner Ray Evernham has a long day in Michigan as all three of his cars fail to finish in the top 30.
3. Martin Truex Jr. looks like he is in position to secure his second career win but brushes the wall in the closing laps. He still has another great run with a second place finish.
2. Race fans that love on-track competition have to watch another fuel mileage race at Michigan.
1. Beard lovers all across America have to be upset. Carl Edward’s motor coach driver pledged last year not to shave until Carl returned to victory lane. It took a while for Carl to claim his fifth NASCAR Nextel Cup win, so Tom Giacchi had a bit of shaving to do. Can’t believe they didn’t have a shaving cream company lined up to sponsor that magic moment.