Long Pond, Pa. (August 5, 2007) – The 21st stop of the 2007 season at Pocono Raceway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from rain interfering with qualifying to being sidelined for the race. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the 21st week of the Nextel Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. Jamie McMurray is involved in three separate caution flags. The final accident sidelines the Crown Royal Ford for good.
9. Ward Burton can’t follow up a strong 14th place run at the Brickyard and the team finishes 43rd.
8. Dale Jarrett, a two-time winner at Pocono, barely makes it to the halfway mark before the engine expires on the No. 44 UPS Toyota.
7. A rugged season continues for Greg Biffle as he spins out all by himself on lap 138.
6. Toyota places six cars in the race but the best finish they can muster is a 20th for Dave Blaney.
5. Evernham Motorsports has a long day in Long Pond, PA. as Scott Riggs leads the way with 24th place run.
4. Reed Sorenson sees a good run disappear faster than bourbon at a fraternity house when the Crown Royal Ford of Jamie McMurray collected him in a late race incident.
3. Kurt Busch looks like a sure pole winner until a short shower stops qualifying and Dale Jr. takes the pole on a much cooler and faster track.
2. All the competition had a TUMS-type day as none of them had anything for Kurt Busch in the Miller Lite Dodge. He gave the entire field a queasy stomach.
1. Robby Gordon, after ignoring the NASCAR’s black-flag in the Busch race in Montréal, earned a vacation in the Poconos from NASCAR. Robby is forced to stay on the sidelines with PJ Jones driving the No. 7.