DOVER (September 23, 2007) – The 28th stop of the 2007 season at Dover International Raceway once again had the stars of the Nextel Cup Series experiencing several indigestion-causing incidents, from huge crashes to Chase driver’s championship dreams jeopardized. Each weekend, PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from that week’s racing activities. For the 28th week of the Nextel Cup season, top TUMS honors go to:
10. Last week’s winner Clint Bowyer had a terrible qualifying run and had to start the race from the 42nd position. Clint would eventually rally to finish 12th.
9. Johnny Sauter made it to lap 12 before crashing on the front stretch.
8. Reed Sorenson gave Ken Schrader a little shove and turned the No. 21 around to bring out the second yellow of the day.
7. Art Harris, a Michael Waltrip crewman, was injured when a loose tire hit another car, flew, and hit him on pit road. Thank goodness for helmets.
6. Jimmie Johnson had a flat tire on lap 187 and dropped two laps to the leader Matt Kenseth. Johnson never recovered.
5. Chaser Kevin Harvick had a flat tire and lost two laps on the pit stop. He wound up finishing 20th and that follow-ups up a lackluster 17th place run at New Hampshire.
4. Denny Hamlin crashed out Kyle Petty on lap 203. Hamlin found his way to the garage and later, a 39th place finish, severely damaging his championship hopes.
3. John Andretti and Tony Raines were tangled and took each other out with just 37 laps to go in the race.
2. Kurt Busch hit the wall and triggered a wreck that involved at 10 cars. Chase drivers Kyle Busch, Jimmie Johnson and Martin Truex, Jr. were among those involved.
1. Matt Kenseth lead the most laps only to have motor problems sideline the DeWalt Ford in the closing laps.