DOVER, Del. (June 3, 2008 ) – The 13th stop of the 2008 season at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Del., had the stars of the Sprint Cup Series experiencing heartburn. From an early multi-car wreck to a race ending that lacked suspense, a fair share of big-name drivers had several TUMSâ moments. Each weekend PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from the weekend’s racing activities.
This week’s Top 10 TUMS honors go to:
10. Miles the Monster must have been taking a nap as there were only five cautions during the entire race. It was not your typical Dover wreck-fest.
9. Brian Vickers was on the receiving end of two NASCAR speeding penalties which cost him a sure shot at a top-10 finish.
8. The driver of the track’s jet dryer could have used some TUMS QuikPak after the jet dryer blew a huge hole in the asphalt on the track apron.
7. Kasey Kahne’s bid to continue his two race winning streak was snapped as he settled for a disappointing 31st-place finish.
6. Only six of 43 drivers somehow managed to finish on the lead lap – so much for parity.
5. Jeff Burton finishes eighth to remain second in points, but still loses ground to the point’s leader Kyle Busch.
4. Reed Sorenson’s frustrating season continued as he drove to a 26th-place finish. This season Sorenson has an average finish of 27th.
3. Elliott Sadler had his contract extended at Gillette Evernham early in the weekend before getting involved in a race-ending crash just barely after the green flag fell.
2. Tony Stewart and Dale Earnhardt Jr. get caught up in the “big one” and both ended up spending way too much time in the garage.
1. Denny Hamlin took a big hit by finishing dead last and completing just 18 laps.
Stay tuned each week for the Top 10 TUMS Moments to see which drivers and teams are most in need of TUMS fast relief.