DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (July 7, 2008 ) – The 18th stop of the 2008 season at Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Fla., had the stars of the Sprint Cup Series experiencing heartburn. From multiple on-track incidents to a green-white-checked finish, several top drivers had TUMSâ moments. Each weekend PRN lead anchor Doug Rice picks the Top 10 TUMS Moments from the weekend’s racing activities.
This week’s Top 10 TUMS honors go to:
1. Jeff Gordon spun out with two laps go and watched as his chance at victory disappeared; Gordon is still winless for the 2008 season.
2. Ryan Newman was involved in three separate incidents before the Altell Dodge finally called it a night after the third spin.
3. Jimmie Johnson, Reagan Smith, Paul Menard and JJ Yeley were involved in a race-changing crash with just four laps remaining.
4. Elliott Sadler was going strong until he lost a right front tire and his Dodge wound up in the wall.
5. One of the pre-race favorites Greg Biffle ran into trouble on lap 70, and finished 43rd.
6. Jeff Burton spins one time with no damage but the second spin on lap 140 ruined the night for the driver who entered the race second in points.
7. Tony Stewart had a fast car early but had to get out of the Home Depot Toyota before the half way mark due to illness. JJ Yeley took over driving duties of the No. 20 car the rest of the race.
8. David Gilliland hit the wall on lap 124. The Yates Ford desperately needed a good day, but it wouldn’t happen that way at Daytona.
9. Boris Said wrecked on lap 149 and set up the field for a single file restart with less than 10 laps to go.
10. Kasey Kahne was running in the top 10 all night until a tire rub forced him to back of the field with only 10 laps remaining.
Stay tuned each week for the Top 10 TUMS Moments to see which drivers and teams are most in need of TUMS fast relief.